Getting Nerdy with Mel & Gerdy - Room 213

Promo 1

Promo 2

Promo 3

Getting Nerdy with Mel & Gerdy

Good Saturday morning.  I'm excited to be linking up with Mel and Gerdy's new and nerdy link up, Nerd Libs, a fun way to get to know some bloggers.  Here's mine:
Oh, how I wish I'd wake up to the sound of an alarm clock.  What might be the worst sound in the world to you lucky folks who can sleep would be the sweetest sound to me.  You see, I've been suffering from insomnia for about a year and a half. I have no problem falling asleep, but I sure can't stay that way.  I'm well acquainted with the wee hours of the morning.  Checking the Ipad, I know, is that last thing I should do, but curiosity gets the best of me.  I know I need to use it to turn on my Oprah meditations to see if I can go back to sleep.  Next time...

When it is time to get ready for the day, I reach for one of my many cozy sweaters and head to the kitchen for my favourite part of the day--that first drink of strong, black java.  God, I love my coffee.  I only have two steaming cups a day, and I cherish them. Once I get my caffeine kick, I jump in the flying beetle, my lime green Volkswagen and head to school.  I love my bug.  I never thought I'd love a car, but I love this one.  My husband gave it to me for Christmas two years ago.  Best. Gift. Ever.  (Not as amazing as it sounds though--we were getting a new car anyway, we share the same bank account.  But it was a great thought that counted!)

Every morning at school, I'm greeted first thing by two of my favourite colleagues, Lon and Aivars. They're early birds like me, and they are always good for a laugh (or advice) before I head to my classroom. Once there, I hook up my laptop to six different cords so it can perform all of its duties for the day.  Every time I look at it, I think the poor thing is in the ICU.  But once it's hooked up, we are both ready to start the day!

~I have recently switched my blog from wordpress to blogger.  I'm hoping my old followers make the switch with me, and as a little incentive, I'm having a draw for a $25 gift certificate to my store for all who join me here during the month of December.  Just click the bloglovin' button up above.  Thanks!

8 comments

  1. I have to say, one of the things I miss most since being away from the classroom is being able to see my friends that I worked with on a daily basis. A little jealous right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly good for stress relief---but you probably have less stress!

      Delete
  2. I kept waking up to check my iPhone. I finally had to put it in another room for a week in order to train myself not to check it at night. Carol's Teaching Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have mine in my room, but thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  3. I think Beetles are such lovely cars! I have to ask: do you have flowers in your car? It seems every bug I see has flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never owned a VW Beetle -- never even ridden in one -- but I've always thought I would adore having one! A lime green Beetle . . . that must make you smile every time you walk out to your car! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to ask about the ICU. Thanks for the explanation. :)

    ReplyDelete