Secondary Smorgasbord--Beach or Bust! - Room 213

Promo 1

Promo 2

Promo 3

Secondary Smorgasbord--Beach or Bust!

It's time to link up again with the gang at Secondary Smorgasbord. This time we're looking at how secondary teachers relax and recharge.

What about me?  Well, my summer is pretty relaxing.  We rarely go on a summer vacation because we live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Once the snows melt, Prince Edward Island turns into a summer paradise, and we are blessed to have a cottage on the south eastern shore of this little piece of heaven.

We rent it out for half of the summer and use it for four weeks ourselves. Days are simple.  I'm up very early, long before my husband and teenagers, and I drink coffee in the screen porch and work on my TpT business for a few hours.  Then, I go down to the beach with whomever is up for a walk and an hour or two of reading.  When the ferry goes by, we know it's lunch time so we go back to the cottage and eat.  Then it's back to the beach til we get hungry again.

The days we spend in Charlottetown are just as fun.  I love to walk on the many boardwalks we have around the city, meet friends for drinks on Victoria Row or catch one of my daughter's performances with the Confederation Players.

One of the best parts of summer is pleasure reading.  I spend so much time during the school year reading student work and articles about teaching, that I'm often too tired at the end of the day to read. Once summer hits, I devour books, usually on this chair or on the deck of the cottage.  I have to confess, too, that most of the reading is pretty light!  My favourite author for summer is Elin Hilderbrand.  Her latest book is going to be first on my reading list.

I'm also starting my summer in Las Vegas at the TpT conference.  I can't begin to explain how excited I am about this!  There will be tons of learning and lots of socializing with people I am dying to meet.  It will be a sweet way to start the summer.

Thanks to Darlene from Meatballs in the Middle and Pamela from Desktop Learning Adventures for organizing this blog hop!







8 comments

  1. Jackie, that sounds lovely! PEI is on my bucket list-after the snow, of course. :)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, your time in the cottage sounds idyllic! I love being awake early when nobody else is; having a screen porch to sit in in silence and drink coffee - the definition of bliss. :-) I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place! It sounds like a perfect summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cottage sounds divine!! Got room for a visitor?? Would love, love, love to go to PEI... it looks so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! It is a beautiful place in the summer. The thought of that beach is what kept me going through the crazy winter we had this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like my version of heaven! I will put this on my summer vacation wish list. Hope to meet you in Vegas!! :)

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awkward would it be if I arrived at your place along the beach to do a little reading in that beach chair??? Seriously...your summer looks amazing and with the winter you had, you deserve every bit of sunshine and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete